How to optimize your small business website in 2019
5 Steps to Local Business Website Optimization
- Have an organized, optimized website:
- Yoast SEO
- Create (2-3) Buyer Personas
- Create Compelling Content Consistently (use a Calendar)
- Distribute Content via social, email, or advertising
- Optimize for Local Search:
- Consistent NAP across the web? Check Now
- Microdata rich snippets
- Local listings:
- Google (GMB/maps)
- Get Reviews
- Use webmaster tools:
- Submit sitemap to Google Search Console
- Submit sitemap to Bing Webmaster tools
- Implement Google Analytics
- Establish Analytics Goals
- Link Analytics to Search Console
- Optimize for mobile, voice and speed:
- Test your website speed, is it B or better?
- If not, choose a new responsive theme.
- Test for mobile friendliness, is it 2.5 or greater?
- If not, use W3 total cache and check configurations
- Optimize content for targeting conversation, not keywords.
- Balance paid marketing with content marketing:
- Advertise on Adwords or Facebook
- Market offline in unique ways
Lastly, tell us how you liked our checklist!
Contact us if you need help, or learn more on our website.